- Senior Partner
Colby is proud to call Northern Kentucky his home, as his family has done for several generations, and relishes the opportunity to put his legal skills to good use in his community. Colby grew up in Hebron and Crestview Hills, and attended Dixie Heights High School. Colby obtained a B.A in Anthropology from the University of Kentucky, and graduated summa cum laude from Salmon P. Chase College of Law.
While at Chase, Colby participated in Law Review and Moot Court, finding legal writing and oral advocacy to be his two passions. These passions led him to success in several local and national competitions. Colby also participated in volunteer work, by teaching legal concepts to teenagers in criminal diversion in Kenton and Boone counties as part of the Street Law program.
Colby's professional career has been dedicated to personal injury work. He has pursued multiple cases to successful outcome, as an attorney for both plaintiffs and defendants. But Colby is interested in a broad range of legal issues and tackles all of his cases with dedication, zeal, and compassion for his clients.
In his free time, Colby greatly enjoys spending time with his family, traveling with his wife, and attending live music shows.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury 100%
- Ohio, 2012
- Kentucky, 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2019
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: summa cum laude
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Anthropology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2013 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Kentucky Justice Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association (Young Lawyers Section), Chair Social Committee, 2013 - 2014; Chair, 2016
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Garvey | Shearer, PSC, Associate Attorney, 2012 to 2013
- Smith, Rolfes, & Skavdahl Co., LPA, Law Clerk, 2011 to 2012